Status
Not open for further replies.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
1- enable radio without key
2- enable power windows without key

Is there a reason I should not jump wires to enable unswitched battery V's for these components?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have a switch for power to my radio so I can use the radio without the key when I want.

Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I am sure you could by re-pinning the fuse box. But would ask why ? Too many "hot" leads on 30 year old wiring would not be ideal in my books ( hence why I keep 2x fire extinguishers in my car ). I am looking the other way to a master battery switch to kill all the power to my car when it's turned off.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you have an alarm with remote locks you could use a module to put the windows up and down without the key in the ignition. I have my windows wired to go up when I hit the lock button on my fob

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
The power windows could be done pretty easily with a fuse holder with pigtails on it. Remove the power window fuse, then just crimp/solder male blade terminals on each end of the fuse holder, plug one end into a spare BAT plug in the fuse box and the other end into the fused side of the Power Window fuse terminal (the one that does not have power when the fuse is removed and the key is in the ON position) Then just take the removed fuse and put it into the holder.

DO NOT USE A JUMPER WIRE WITHOUT FUSING!!!!! Those windows use a ton of amps and if you have a switch stick or something short out, you will have a fire in short order.

The radio could be done with a toggle switch between the always on B+ wire and ACC wire going to the radio.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I wouldn't do the windows. radio is easy but if you leave radio on it will drain battery over a period of time. Time being how much current does it pull, amplifier, turn it down to listen to wife nag and forget and leave on. You can wire a switch easily to allow power

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor