RF keyless entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Anyone looked into this? There's a bazillion kits out there... I want RF keylesss entry, RF ignition (dont want a starter button but I can figure that out,) alarm, and window control from the fob, although that will probably need a separate module.

Ideally I would like to find a supplier where I can simply piece this kit together.

Any recommendations?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I have the OE Keyless entry setup from the last generation Monte Carlo to put in my car. Too bad pontiacgp is gone. He had his car setup where he could roll the windows up with the keyfob.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I have the OE Keyless entry setup from the last generation Monte Carlo to put in my car. Too bad pontiacgp is gone. He had his car setup where he could roll the windows up with the keyfob.
Didn't he post something with details about it? (Yea I know, being lazy & not looking it up.)

JimmyCamino

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2020
Alexandria, VA
Any recommendations?
Get one that doesn't drain the battery.

I installed RF keyless in my El Camino. Had a bunch of extra wires for lights, horn, ignition (don't remember if it included windows) etc that I wasn't interested in and didn't connect. But I found that it put considerable draw on the battery, of course it's always on. So I don't leave it plugged in to the fuse panel while the truck is just sitting in the garage for an extended period.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor