Ride Height Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rgpmalibu

Greasemonkey
Oct 7, 2020
This is also something I never would have thought about. I did trim the corner of the bottom where it turns under the car. I took a small triangle off hoping it would fix the issue of the front of the tire catching it, but it still does. That lower part of the fender up front is pretty floppy.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
  • Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Rgpmalibu

Greasemonkey
Oct 7, 2020
So I went to Discount today. The guy that works there (he's been there for as long as I've been buying tires there) said that he thinks 225/55r16's will work. He's going to order them (I didn't have to pay up front) and when they come in, he's going to put them on and check for the fit. If the 55's still rub, we'll take them off and go for the 50's. He's also giving me $50 off per tire in trade for the 60's, which is cool because I bought them last September. They don't have 50 miles on them, but because I bought them so long ago, and that I don'thave a working odometer, he can't refund the entire cost, which i totally understand, but it's still nice to get $100 off. Can't wait to see if this works - i think it will. I feel like Discount is doing me right, because it was my screw up. I would like to thank you all for your input on my latest of many obstacles on this project. Cheers!

Reactions: 4 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
That lower part of the fender up front is pretty floppy.
I know some Gbody's have a bracket or brace that holds the lower part of the fender and pushes it out more and supports it, if there is not one there I would probably fabricate something to hold it if looks like this is the issue before buying new front tires

Rgpmalibu

Greasemonkey
Oct 7, 2020
The problem is also that the are rubbing on the inside too. I'm going to give the tire thing a shot and see how it works out. I don't mind the money part so much, I just want it to be right so I can move forward and jump the next hurdle.

Rgpmalibu

Greasemonkey
Oct 7, 2020
I just put the 55's on and no rub! Looks pretty good to. I think I might be able to bring the front back down a little bit.

Actually, looking at the picture I think the ride height looks good. I don't know - it looks different in person than in the photo.

20210505_183447.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Right on. Good for you. Looks sharp.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Rgpmalibu

Greasemonkey
Oct 7, 2020
Right on. Good for you. Looks sharp.
Thanks Mike. Appreciate that. Been working on this thing since December of '19. I figure it needs about 13 more years of work and I'll have something. I'm loving this thing so far.

Reactions: 4 users

LeftLaneOnly

Master Mechanic
Mar 20, 2020
Always liked the look of a raked car Kinda like a girl in high heels

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor