Ride hight issue with my cutlass.. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperCutlassGT406

Apprentice
Dec 3, 2015
Need a bit of help figuring out a ride hight issue. I did the blazer brake swap with 2 in drop spindles. I have 60 series tires on 15in rims. The front passenger tire rubs over bumps. I spoke to the original owner and he said the springs were the originals so I had assumed being curb side and having the extra weight that it had just sagged. I got a set of moog 5660 and put them in and it's sitting at the exact same hight. I need it to go up about an inch to be comfortable and not rub. Any suggestions?

Judge Mills

Greasemonkey
Aug 27, 2014
Washington State
Swap back to original height spindles? I wouldn't use any product that artificially raises the coil spring. What is your backspacing on your wheels?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
Mr Gasket makes a cheap spring rubber maybe try one on each side.

It locks a coil out so your ride will stiffen up some, just like cutting a coil

SuperCutlassGT406

Apprentice
Dec 3, 2015
Also the springs are returnable so if you have any other spring suggestions? I ordered a set of 5608 to get a base line

eazyj

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 23, 2014
I thought you couldn't do the blazer brake upgrade if you installed 2" drop spindles? I was told by 2 people on this page. I guess I should have. I have them with the original springs with 185/70/14 no rubbing issues.

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
He probably has Belltech 2101's theyre the drop version of that spindle.

SuperCutlassGT406

Apprentice
Dec 3, 2015
Yes I do. I also figured out the issue. The body mount behind the passenger wheel was good last time I looked but fell through also compressing the rad support bushing dropping that side causing the rub.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Ouch. I'm replacing my frame this weekend. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor