Ridetech coil overs, Tru-turn system, & muscle bar installed, 87 Turbo T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
It worked for you but if he rubs now it's going to possibly be worse w/adding to the track width.
Somehow I read right past where he said he doesn't have Blazer brakes but is going to put them on
Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

Undercover87T

Greasemonkey
G-Body of the Month
Dec 24, 2012
Westminster, MD
Somehow I read right past where he said he doesn't have Blazer brakes but is going to put them on
Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics
Thought blazer brakes might help the situation, but maybe not. With stock front control arms and Eibach springs there was no rubbing at all.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Thought blazer brakes might help the situation, but maybe not. With stock front control arms and Eibach springs there was no rubbing at all.
The parts combo & back spacing have to work together. Ride height & individual concessions play into things as well.
Brake kits that utilize a separate rotor that's slips over the spindle bearing hub including the common Blazer upgrade will add to the track width vs the OE 1pc rotor set-up. It doesn't add much but it does add to the dimension.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Pushes the wheel out approximately 1/4" on each side with the Blazer brake setup

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
I love the way your car sits !
Actually the whole package just looks amazing . You pretty much nailed it imo.

That is the system I’ve been budgeting for
If I hadn’t backed into a gate post last fall, precipitating a full paint job I’d already have it in . Lol .
Does the car feel better on freeway exits and long sweepers ?
My stock worn suspension has terrible bump steer when turning across deep highway ruts and scares me on corners because it feel like the car wants to kamikaze it’s self
I’m hoping to get it to handle about as well as a stock iroc-z with F41 and 1LE options (car I had years ago)
Is this a reasonable expectation ?

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I love the way your car sits !
Actually the whole package just looks amazing . You pretty much nailed it imo.

That is the system I’ve been budgeting for
If I hadn’t backed into a gate post last fall, precipitating a full paint job I’d already have it in . Lol .
Does the car feel better on freeway exits and long sweepers ?
My stock worn suspension has terrible bump steer when turning across deep highway ruts and scares me on corners because it feel like the car wants to kamikaze it’s self
I’m hoping to get it to handle about as well as a stock iroc-z with F41 and 1LE options (car I had years ago)
Is this a reasonable expectation ?
The RideTech system is amazing. Besides the bumpsteer, the ride itself is actually much smoother and not as rough, yet has less body roll. All with 750lb spring rates. That is due to quality Fox shocks. Definitely worth upgrading to the HQ shocks at a minimum.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
The RideTech system is amazing. Besides the bumpsteer, the ride itself is actually much smoother and not as rough, yet has less body roll. All with 750lb spring rates. That is due to quality Fox shocks. Definitely worth upgrading to the HQ shocks at a minimum.
The system I’m looking at on Ridetech’s site seems to include the HQ coil overs front and rear
The only upgrade I see from there is the ones with a remote reservoir which is more than I need I think 🤔

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
The system I’m looking at on Ridetech’s site seems to include the HQ coil overs front and rear
The only upgrade I see from there is the ones with a remote reservoir which is more than I need I think 🤔
I agree, and I was in that same position too. I figured I really didn't need remote reservoirs either.
FYI I only purchased the front system. I'm still on regular lowering springs & KYB shocks in the rear. My main reason was to set ride height in the front. The rear was already where I wanted it. I may upgrade to the rear RideTech system at some point.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor