Ridetech level 3 kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patobusta

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 2, 2017
Hi you all,

When i purchased my 81 monte ss clone like 6 years ago, I was way too happy and in short notice, found on ebay a ridetech level 3 full suspension kit, and guess what, pulled the trigger.
It was at an important discount, full set, control arms, both swaybars, and those wonderful remote reservoir coilovers that I would love to keep in my living room as decoration.

As it usually happens, I just happened to finish the engine swap (ls2/auto) a few months ago, and in the meantime, my willingness to install the kit had gone close to zero.
I live in chile, so there is almost zero chance I can sell this kit at a 50% of what I paid, as being honest there is not so g-body fever yet, and I guess no one that actually NEEDS this kind of suspension.

Why I dont want to install it?

I have a 70 camaro zz4 SBC auto that I upgraded to qa1 coil overs, and it rides wonderfully on fresh asphalt but there are 6 of those F*cking plastic speed bumps between my house and the street and I hate and want to kill my self in each one of them.
The camaro is way too harsh, and every time I pass through the speed bumps the car sounds as it will broke, its way to hard, like a hit rather than going up and down the bump. I have new bushings all around, the correct springs for SBC, and shocks dialed at 2, one being the softer and qa1 recommends always keep them over 5.

I know ridetech is WAY better than qa1, and maybe it wont be that bad, but.. is there any chance I can run the ridetechs in a soft condition that will allow the car to have an "almost stock" ride quality?
Or will it be stone hard even on the softest possible condition? will a good shock/spring make it feel comfortable at low effort and provide support on high effort...

Im pretty aware that ride quality is VERY subjective, and that i cannot keep an stock suspension with 400hp because the car is unsafe... but maybe what Im looking for is like an sporty volkswagen GTI... soft enough for daily use.. hard enough for fun at the highway, not looking for an autocross car, despite the fact the suspension kit was built for that.

I will appreciate feedback, as Im in that hard decision time... cannot keep it as is, is way too soft, way to dangerous, but do not want to make it a go kart, and would love to have that fancy suspension on.. (I cannot sell it anyway!!)

Thanks

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
My RideTech suspension rides better than the current coil springs I had in it, and by a large a amount better. I'm actually thinking of increasing the front spring rate to 850lb from the 750lb that I ordered them with. And yes, with the remote reservoir shocks you should be adjust both rebound and compression.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor