rim help ...bolt pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuttybuddyluva

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 31, 2011
What is the stock bolt pattern for a cutlass. I want to search for rims but need to kno some things like will I need a lift?

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
cuttybuddyluva said:
What is the stock bolt pattern for a cutlass. I want to search for rims but need to kno some things like will I need a lift?
Well That all depends on if you want average sized rims. Or huge ones lol..

shorty74

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2009
If you go with anything 20 and over you will need extended trailing arms. I HAD ( didnt like the ride on rough country roads) 24's on mine with skinny tires. They fit with air shocks in the back and knuckles in the front. No need for a big lift.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
5x4.75
5x(4+3/4)
5x120.65
5x120.7

If you go with anything 26" and over you will need extended trailing arms. 24s with 275/25/24 tires will fit without extended trailing arms or any lift. Replace your old springs and shocks with new ones first and you won't need those knuckles and such.

shorty74

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2009
24's will fit without extended trailing arms but your wheels wont be centered in the rear. And in the long run thats not good. Best to by adjustable trailing arms and do it right. Regardless you wont be able to turn for sh*t. I ditched mine got some 17 cragar ss and love the ride. I can even do a u-turn now :D

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
shorty74 said:
24's will fit without extended trailing arms but your wheels wont be centered in the rear. And in the long run thats not good. Best to by adjustable trailing arms and do it right. Regardless you wont be able to turn for sh*t. I ditched mine got some 17 cragar ss and love the ride. I can even do a u-turn now :D

True, but they're still not a necessity for rims under 26". Most people don't ride on their rims all year long anyway. I always take mine off after the summer usually. Pay close attention to the rear wheels of the '94-'96 Impala SSs and Caprices and they're rear wheels aren't centered from the factory. As long as your tires are rotated and balanced as often as they should be then you should be fine.

shorty74

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2009
Yeah true. My cutlass is a Saturday driver only plus in Texas we have no need to even change rims. It only rains twice a year it seems like. Now on my Grand Marquis 24's fit like a glove and ride as smooth as the stock rims and thats my daily driver that I dog the sh*t out of. I wish it would have been the same with my cutty cause they sure looked good on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor