RIP HERO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
So guys, I've been kinda dormant here compared to normal. It's been one heluva long month. It is with the heaviest of hearts to spread the word of my dad passing away today at 1522hrs due to complications from Covid at 74 years old.
It started Thanksgiving weekend kith kidney stones, then on December 10th he had a procedure done to minimize it. Unfortunately he aspirated coming out of anesthesia which triggered pneumonia to start, but he had already caught Covid. He felt like crap and went back to the hospital on the 16th and never came home. It basically shut everything down, and he said he'd fight to come home. He declined rapidly over the past few days, and peacefully went to heaven.
He was a Vietnam Veteran and super proud of what he did, taught me about wrenching, loved and was loved by everybody he met. He will be laid to rest at Fort Knox Veteran Cemetery with full military honors.. He will be missed dearly, he was my best friend. RIP good sir, see ya on the other side.
20190627_190140.jpeg
Resized_20191121_202845.jpeg
Resized_20191121_202858.jpeg

• Sad
  • Friendly
Reactions: 17 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
So sorry Scott. My deepest condolences.

Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
So sorry. Sounds like a life well-lived.

Really terrible at consoling people, I have walked that path myself though.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Very sorry to hear this Scott. My deepest condolences....thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
My heartfelt condolences and deepest sympathies Scott. I’m very close with my dad too, and I can’t imagine going through that. Stay strong brother, and as I said this morning, don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Reactions: 4 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I'm sorry Scott,sounds like your dad was a real man's man.you're lucky to have had such a solid influence in your life like him.sounds like a fitting service for an honorable man.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Heartfelt condolences, my man. It's tough no matter the age. So sorry for your loss, and the nation thanks him for his service.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Sorry you lost your Dad, Scott. My Mom passed in 1994, Dad in 2013, In-laws in 2007 and 2016. Many of us understand your grief. Sounds like he did some living, some people die without ever having really enjoyed living. PM if you need to talk.

83StreetMachine

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2011
Central NJ
Sorry to hear bud. I know all too well how you are feeling, as many here do.

I know it's a surreal and almost numbing right now. Hang in there, cherish those memories, stay strong for your kiddos, but allow yourself to grieve, cry, decompress, clear your mind.

But most of all, celebrate his life, a life so well lived, with all it's blessings.

You have my number, please reach out, no matter the hour.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
So sorry to hear of the passing of your hero. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor