Ripped drive shaft i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renthorin

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Michigan
I have since changed to tubular lowers with poly bushings. :)

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
I tossed the rear U-Joint out of my old drivshaft. Running the stock nylon pressed type can't take much abuse, even from a once tired 305. But after that let loose I swapped it with traditional greaseable type U-Joints. I havn't had a problem since with my steel driveshaft. Luckly I didn't have it come completly out, I felt the Trans shifting weird and pulled over to check it out. I saved myself quite a bit of damage!

mrapii

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Waipahu, HI
Don't use greaseable U-joints; the grease channels seriously compromise the strenght of the u-joint.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
mrapii said:
Don't use greaseable U-joints; the grease channels seriously compromise the strenght of the u-joint.
Really? What type do you run?

Cutlassjim

Apprentice
Aug 7, 2006
I didn't think that 200-4R's would shift into 4'th under full throttle? I could have sworn I read that when I was doing all my transmission research.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
renthorin-nice car! bad luck :( but look at it this way--did you see the mythbusters episode where they made the driveshaft catch in a pothole? MAJOR damage!!! even got the rear a few feet in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor