Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
http://www.roadkill.com/roadkill-takes-america-2015-schedule/

They'll be in my neck of the woods on the 19th, at Hallett and Tulsa Raceway Park.... I plan on hitting both events. Anyone else going to turn out? It's in the middle of the week, and after school starts, so there are plenty of conflicts.

Also damn you liquidh8 for telling me about this show. :mad::mad::mad::D

Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I wish I could make it! That would be so cool. I love that show.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Chris,
Are you planning on covering the event for the forum? It would be cool to be able to attend it.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
[EDIT: Threads merged because I forgot I'd already made one before!]

OK so this has ZERO to do with G-Body ANYTHING But I'm sticking it out there anyway. If you're not familiar with Roadkill its a Youtube show that someone :mad::eek: told me about at Carlisle. The Chief Ed (former?) of Hot Rod and his assistant.... basically in 40+ episodes they do sh*t they shouldn't with cars. Go look it up when you have time to kill. I'll inline a couple of good ones at the end of this post. They also do the slightly more serious and correct Hot Rod Garage show.

They made this road trip from Detroit (I think technically Woodward?) through Kentucky, Memphis, and hot damn, Tulsa OK. So Wed. morning they were filming part of an episode at Hallett, west of Tulsa. They were supposed to run the "General Maintenance" which is one of the Hellcat Chargers Dodge gave them* against the "Vette Kart" (a stripped '85? Vette) on the track. It was slightly rainy and I had to do a few other things, so I only got to see the General run. But they had a bunch of their other Frankencars there, like the Draguar ('74 Jag they bought for like $1000 and put a blown 350 in it), the General Mayhem (a total basket case '69? Charger, now with Hellcat power) the Kart, the Atomic MSD van (I think was an LS swap) and Blasphemi, Finnegan's '55 gasser with a monster blown hemi.... They had a couple other cars I didn't recognize, a big gold Ford wagon, a '74 Challenger pace car, and a little Miata MX-5.

IMG_3060.jpg IMG_3062.jpg IMG_3063.jpg IMG_3071.jpg IMG_3072.jpg IMG_3074.jpg IMG_6380.jpg IMG_6389.jpg IMG_6400.jpg IMG_6403.jpg

Then that night they showed up at Tulsa Raceway Park, the local dragstrip. I thought they were going to be running their junk, but it wound up mainly a show session, where they were working on the Mayhem in plain sight. I guess they finally ran stuff well after we left, no idea when it actually was.

Never really got a chance to do the whole shake-hands autograph thing, since at Hallett they were in "Show mode," although they did a Q&A with everyone that was there. At the strip they were inundated so I just skipped that crowd. There are more pix but I guess I don't have them on this computer :/

(track pix in following post, some admin set a limit on attachments :mad: )

* Starred because Freiburger let it slip that they now own the Hellcat twins (Charger and Challenger) because Dodge didn't want them back after they off-roaded them.

and here's a couple of the good ones... including the sole G-Body episode....

Last edited:

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
and the track pix, stupid admins

also, I want a drone so freaking bad now after seeing the kit they were using to film with.

IMG_6405.jpg IMG_6406.jpg IMG_6425.jpg IMG_6427.jpg IMG_6439.jpg IMG_6444.jpg

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
^^Jag courtesy of our very own member, Ringer.^^

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor