Sep 30, 2016
Quick Google search netted me this:

704- It was used on 1970 to 1975 GM vehicles
6- 1976 production date
2- Its a quadrajet 4bbl federal standards
2- Chevrolet
2- automatic transmission.

look here: Carb ID
is it was 600 or 750 and will it fit on olds with edelbrock intake if so is it worth rebuilding thinking of mounting it on 71 455

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
All Quadrajets are spreadbore. Not all edelbrock intakes are. What intake do you have? It will work provided you are willing to re bend the fuel pump to carb line. Chevys fuel inlet it not oriented the same as Olds.

I consider the Qjet to be superior to all other carbs for nearly all uses. Some people will disagree but they are obviously wrong. So yes I would say it's worth rebuilding. Don't get an auto parts store kits get one from a Quadrajet specialty company. Make sure your throttle shafts aren't loose in the base plate otherwise you will have to bush them. Get a good Qjet book and read it. Doug Roe's book is considered to be the definitive Qjet book but there are several good ones out there.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

scarborough

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2016
All Quadrajets are spreadbore. Not all edelbrock intakes are. What intake do you have? It will work provided you are willing to re bend the fuel pump to carb line. Chevys fuel inlet it not oriented the same as Olds.

I consider the Qjet to be superior to all other carbs for nearly all uses. Some people will disagree but they are obviously wrong. So yes I would say it's worth rebuilding. Don't get an auto parts store kits get one from a Quadrajet specialty company. Make sure your throttle shafts aren't loose in the base plate otherwise you will have to bush them. Get a good Qjet book and read it. Doug Roe's book is considered to be the definitive Qjet book but there are several good ones out there.

thanks for feed back

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Find an 800 cfm carb from a 76 through 80 in the States, through 85 in Canada. It will need a recalibration of the idle circuits to run right being an emissions carb. The older carbs are 750 cfm, like that one with a few exceptions and nearly all the front inlet, which fit an Olds V8 best, after 76 are the vast majority 800 cfm. I believe Rochester rates their carbs differently than other makes, so 650 and 700 cfm would be about right compared to a Holley.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor