Rochester Dualjet Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

atticus860

n00b
Jul 31, 2019
Have an 83 Caprice, 229 with the Rochester Dualjet M2ME. Just rebuilt the carb, now it runs very poorly. Will barely stay running when pumping the gas, coughs flames out the top of the carb. Have not messed with the timing at all and it ran pretty well before the rebuild. Is it running too lean, too rich? I was a little unsure how far to tighten the screw that holds down the mixture control solenoid inside the main body of the carb; could this be the problem? I haven’t touched the sealed mixture screws.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
do you have a book to guide you through the rebuild?. If not I think you should get a good book and rebuild the carb again. The Doug Roe book includes the dualjet

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
As well as I know the Rochester family of carbs, I have failed miserably with the electronic versions. Mostly because I don't have the measuring tools to set things inside. It is probably a good idea to not change anything inside and just clean it.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor