Rockauto screw up's!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Rockauto maybe cheap on price but l wonder who runs the place!!

Last year they sent me a parcel but addressed it wrong, then the carrier sent it back because there was no 6945,mines 6495.

And this time they switched carriers, and l get a notice that 2 parcels delivered, but l only receive one. The other parcel was left next door. Well how in the ____ do you drop off 1 parcel at the wrong address on the same day, at same time, with the same address???

What's my point, hmmm, just a Rant at stupidity.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
RockAuto is great so long as nothing goes wrong. If you need to make a return or receive a damaged item, you pretty much have to eat. Their customer service doesn't exist.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Yesterday at work receiving call me down to look at a box he just received. It says "hydraulic clutch actuator" so the receiving guy thought I might know what it is. The paperwork was from Yuma, Arizona from 2013. The Fed Ex paperwork was from 2015. One of the smaller boxes had a Rolls Royce sticker on it. He ask me what it is.

My guess is it was the Lift Fan Clutch actuator for a Marine STOVL F-35B Stealth Fighter. It appears to have floating around in FED EX warehouses for the last 3 years until it happened to show up on our receiving dock yesterday. I told him to look up the number of the OKC Air Logistics center and see if they wanted it.

Shipping companies are overworked and understaffed ever since online shopping took off. With everybody expecting "free shipping" I don't think it gets much better in the future.

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
The first time it took forever to work it out, they had to wait until they received it back and then resent it with the proper address. And yes customer service suck's big time!!

Ofcourse we always want the most for our money, but also want right.

I see that in there other thread they are giving a discount, but yet knowone seems to be able to use it. Fix it or dump the thread!!!

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I use a discount code every single time I order from RockAuto and have only ever had one issue with delivery, which isn't their fault but the USPS

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
My headaches have been with FedUp. For years- that's YEARS- they missdeliverd and/or lost lots of my stuff. Then they swear they didn't do it even when a neighbor walks my stuff over to me. I finally have a good driver out of Brooklyn that does the ground service. He's so good I gave him a nice tip at Christmas time. But RockAuto is famous for screw-ups then make like it's YOUR fault. I once ordered 100 thermostat gaskets and they delivered 100 of the wrong one. The rep said "that's what the vendor showed- not our fault- so TS". But I will admit it's rare lately.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Have only had one issue with RA, back in 2010. Overhaul gasket set came without valve seals. When I called them, they offered to send the seals, or put a credit on the card I had used to pay with. The credit posted immediately, and I just had the machine shop supply the seals.

For the cost savings of buying there, it's tough to beat. I use the local places if I need it RIGHT NOW, but for project parts, RA usually wins unless it makes no sense due to item shipping limitations (headliner board, F350 dually disc brake rotor, etc)

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
Yesterday at work receiving call me down to look at a box he just received. It says "hydraulic clutch actuator" so the receiving guy thought I might know what it is. The paperwork was from Yuma, Arizona from 2013. The Fed Ex paperwork was from 2015. One of the smaller boxes had a Rolls Royce sticker on it. He ask me what it is.

My guess is it was the Lift Fan Clutch actuator for a Marine STOVL F-35B Stealth Fighter. It appears to have floating around in FED EX warehouses for the last 3 years until it happened to show up on our receiving dock yesterday. I told him to look up the number of the OKC Air Logistics center and see if they wanted it.

Shipping companies are overworked and understaffed ever since online shopping took off. With everybody expecting "free shipping" I don't think it gets much better in the future.
Did you ask if the package had been on a deserted island for the last five years with a guy and a soccer ball with a guys face on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor