Rod Links clutch linkage??

Status
Not open for further replies.

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
I know a few people have the rod Links clutch linkage from speed direct. Did anybody need to modify theirs to fit? There was no way I was getting mine together.

I ended up shortening the lower rod by about 1/2" to 3/4" overall... Didn't measure just cut both ends lmao...

Also had to chase the threads on the upper rod to get the heim joints to thread in properly.

I have a factory clutch fork and a factory Zbar with gussets added. The clutch pedal is from "the parts place. If that makes a difference.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Mine fit perfect. Getting it around the under-dash garbage was very frustrating but that was not the linkages fault. What I did do was to make another hole in the upper Z-bar arm. I placed it about an inch lower down to get more lower push rod travel. I also had to open the firewall hole a bit for that. Now I get the proper pedal travel I needed. While that may have increased pedal effort a smidge, I use a diaphragm clutch so I did not notice any problems. IMG_1040.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor