ROLL PANS FOR GBODY WAGONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot
its me again. im thinking about getting a roll pan for my 83 olds wagon. any tips on installing them or problems i might incounter. any advise either way whould be good. pics would be great as well. let me know.

sleepycutlasscruzer said:
its me again. im thinking about getting a roll pan for my 83 olds wagon. any tips on installing them or problems i might incounter. any advise either way whould be good. pics would be great as well. let me know.
Well I have one on my wagon. But just a fyi they dont make one for a olds wagon only malibu and if you look at a malibu the lower body line bumps out where the olds bumps in. So you will need to do a little tweaking and molding to make it look right. Thats what i did but the tend to expand and shrink with hot/cold weather which causes it to crack between filler and the actual body.

Chevy2480 is right, they don't make a rollpan for Olds or Buick wagons. Unless Lauren Engineering started making them. Somehow I kinda doubt it.
I say don't waste your money. I'm sure you can put it into another part of the car.

i thought that they were the same between the malibu wagon and the olds. well that inspires me to take my rough bumper cut it up,move it in and go from there. thanks for the advise!!!!

No, they're definitely not the same. If you look at the quarter section of a Malibu and Cutlass, you'll see that the body lines are different.

Longroof79 said:
No, they're definitely not the same. If you look at the quarter section of a Malibu and Cutlass, you'll see that the body lines are different.

i just was looking at the pics of the work you were doing and noticed that the malibu has a lower body line thats smooth on the olds. when i first got the car i was like sweet, a malibu wagon with a olds front end, Wrong! the more i talk to you guys the more i learn that there not as close as i thought!!!

Longroof79 said:

i just was looking at the pics of the work you were doing and noticed that the malibu has a lower body line thats smooth on the olds. when i first got the car i was like sweet, a malibu wagon with a olds front end, Wrong! the more i talk to you guys the more i learn that there not as close as i thought!!!
Well the tailgate is the same everything else bodu wise is different. If you want i can take a pic of my wagon with the rollpan molded in. And you can see how i did it. Just takes a little fiberglass. Now mind you mine has the outline of where the two meet. It stress cracked on a hard launch down track well worth it seeing at that time it was my first 11.50 pass. That crack doesnt even bother me.

i thought that they were the same between the malibu wagon and the olds. well that inspires me to take my rough bumper cut it up,move it in and go from there. thanks for the advise!!!!
=========================================================================================================
The Olds shares the same body line as the Buick Century/ Regal wagon, and the Chevy shares the same as the Pontiac Lemans, Safari, and Bonneville wagons. So theoretically, you could put a Buick nose (and doors) on your wagon and I could put a Pontiac nose(and doors) on my wagon. As Chevy2480 said, the tailgates are the same, the rear bumpers, and taillights, the glass...interior pieces.
I'd say if your rear bumper is rusty, like mine was, you could section it about 3" and keep the stock fillers. Then there's no need to cut up the reinforcement bar and collapse the rear energy absorbers.

Did you see Ben's (SRD Art) thread? He's doing some pretty radical work on his '79 Cutlass Cruiser.

the reason i was going to put the roll pan on in the first plase is that my fillers are wasted. thats kinda why i like what you did to your bumper( longroof79). it fills in the gaps quite nicely and looks better than the rollpan .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor