Roller rocker question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

8GPLE7

Apprentice
Mar 24, 2007
Az.
www.cardomain.com
Hey guys I got a question, is it normal for roller rockers to make a lot of noise? I have a 355ci chevy with Comp Cam Magnum roller rockers along with their high energy lifters and manley hardened push rods.

The thing is it makes a "chikachikachikachika" noise at start up and after it warms up it kinda sounds like a diesel. :? OK maybe not that bad but there is a little more noise.

I already readjusted the rockers per Comp Cams directions with a half turn at/after zero lash. I went one cylinder at a time and double checked everything so I'm pretty sure that they're all adjusted. 🙂

Also when you look at the rockers with the valve cover off they all look like they're pointing at the 12'oclock position except for number 6, they look like they're pointing at 12:02 :shock: Does that make sense?? This is when your standing at the passenger fender looking at the motor from the side.

By the way there is only about 30 miles on the motor since I put it in a couple weeks ago. Runs really strong at low rpms but I have yet to go all out full throttle, once it's broken in watch out :twisted:

Thanks 😀

Cj

a few things to check

make sure you have all your "pivot" points or "fulcrums" on the rocker arm with the flat side up. and you did adjust each valve with the engine running or with each cylinder at top dead center, right? also are you using short, stock style valve covers or tall. they need to be tall if not. this will eliminate any clearence issues with rocker to v/c contact.

I checked to make sure the flat spot was up when I readjusted the rockers since the poly locks sit in that spot, but I will check again 'cause you never know huh 🙂

I adjusted them with the engine off. I started on #1 by rotating the engine by hand until the exhaust lifter/pushrod started to move up, then I adjusted the intake. Then I rotated the engine by hand again until the intake lifter/pushrod moved up, past max lift until it went down about half way, then I adjusted the exhaust. I repeated the same procedure for all the cylinder's.

I have tall valve covers since the short ones didn't even bolt on at all. The poly locks were interfering.

Thanks

Cj

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor