Rookie Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metzger82

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2021
NW Ohio
So I'm currently in the process of swapping a hot build Olds 350 that will be bare bones with no electronics into the car that is a stock Olds 260 that was a factory A/C car with manual locks and manual windows. Long story short I'm also swapping in a Non-A/C heater box and would like to know if that means that "computer" in the car is worthless and can be removed now. If it still needs to be in the car, I would love to know what I can thin out and what needs to be kept to not run into problems.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
On the early C3 system the only thing the ECM does is engage the AC compressor magnetic clutch to slow the engine. This was done to keep engine from run-on.

You won't need the ECM and loom. Be careful about cutting out ignition and starter, but those are stand alone. The ECM and Loom Don't toss, box up and list for sale on the forum maybe some one can use it.

Reactions: 1 user

Metzger82

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2021
NW Ohio
Okay thank you for explaining that. I'm not well versed when it comes to this and my knowledge is only starting to grow on the platform. I'll definitely box all of that up and sell it, especially the A/C as well from its still in good condition.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor