MALIBU Rotor/Wheel hub bolt pattern change !! 81 Iraqi Taxi

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveHunt

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 22, 2017
hi guys, Dave here!! be kind i am not very knowledgeable about this topic, my 1981 Malibu (Iraqi Taxi or Iraqabu) has 14" Diameter x 6" Width; 4 Slot; 4-3/4" Bolt Pattern please help me understand how to change this to a more common size like 5x 4.75, so I can have wheel options... ? school me :)

Thanks

Attachments

• Iraqui-taxi-int.jpg
    Iraqui-taxi-int.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 125

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Please provide a picture. I’m not following. I never heard of a four-lug pattern on an A/G body.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
4 slot....I wonder if he's talking about the cooling slots in the standard steel wheels?

Concur on the 4-lug wheels on an A/G

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Interesting - first post after almost four years on the Forum. Glad you have a G to work on.

If Ribbedroof figured out the back story, just about any 5x4-3/4 (5x120.7) lug pattern wheel is a bolt on. 99% of the options use an tapered-style lug nut. You will have metric threads on your Taxi, M12x1.5. Some of the more exotic GM wheels will use a nut with an outside thread for a beauty cap, but those generally have the same internal metric thread.

Hope this helps.

More photos and story line, please.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Thanks for correcting me. 😩
If you end up with a set of later-model GM wheels that use the nuts with beauty caps, I have a set of EBay specials with the 7/16-20 threads.

DaveHunt

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 22, 2017
Interesting - first post after almost four years on the Forum. Glad you have a G to work on.

If Ribbedroof figured out the back story, just about any 5x4-3/4 (5x120.7) lug pattern wheel is a bolt on. 99% of the options use an tapered-style lug nut. You will have metric threads on your Taxi, M12x1.5. Some of the more exotic GM wheels will use a nut with an outside thread for a beauty cap, but those generally have the same internal metric thread.

Hope this helps.

More photos and story line, please.
yes the four slot was from the wheel, sorry for the confusion :!! Great thanks for the advice and all the comments guys!! much appreciated ..more pics and backstory to come very soon.. :)
D

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Dave, the car should have the 5 X 4 3/4" lug nut bolt pattern, so there are quite a few possibilities for wheels and tires.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor