RPO codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
anyone know of a working site or link where i can find some rpo codes from my build sheet?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Just post your build sheet pic(s). Might be able to help you decode it. What year is it for? It may depend on the year as SOMETIMES the RPO changes description. Not always, but sometimes. I find that many times, those website RPO deals get most of them, but sometimes they're not complete or they've been updated to show the "new" descriptions or even don't have what you're looking for anymore.

Reactions: 1 user

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
Just post your build sheet pic(s). Might be able to help you decode it. What year is it for? It may depend on the year as SOMETIMES the RPO changes description. Not always, but sometimes. I find that many times, those website RPO deals get most of them, but sometimes they're not complete or they've been updated to show the "new" descriptions or even don't have what you're looking for anymore.
just picked up a clean 1983 cutlass supreme just about to be 40 years old a survivor for sure the thing with this car is that they tried to fix it over the years with new parts but had no idea what they were doing or any mechanical knowledge. I would like to know its original equipment/ model it is. it would be nice to have the build sheet defined .

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Canadian car.

VIN 2G3AR47AXD2326389

2- Canada

G3- (G) General Motors, (3) Oldsmobile Division

A- non-passive/active belts

R47- Cutlass Supreme, 2 door

A- 231 cu.in. V6

X- Check Sum Digit

D- 1983 Model Year

2- Ste. Therese Assembly

326389- Assigned Sequence number

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A01- Tinted windows

A31- Power windows

A65- Bench Seat, notch back

B79- Extra Ornamentation Rear Compartment Lid

C49- Electric Rear Defogger

C60- Air Conditioning

D1J- Speedo Gear- 18 tooth

D33- Mirror, O/S, Driver Remote

E5Z- Speedometer Driven Gear Adapter Usage

E6E- Speedometer Driven Gear Sleeve

GU1- 7.5” rear gear, 2.41 ratio.

JM5- Brake Booster, Dual Diaphragm

KM9- Aluminum Intake Manifold

K19- A.I.R. Pump

K73- Alternator, 70A

LD5- 231 cu. In. V6

MX1- Sales code for 3 speed automatic transmission, TH250C. Not for parts info.

M31- 3 speed Auto TH250C

NA5- Federal Emissions Certification

NB1- Closed Loop Emissions

NK1- Gas Tank, 69 liter

NY6- Steering Gear, 605 box.

N67- SuperStock wheels, 14"

OLD- ?

QVJ- Tires, P195/75R14 white stripe, steel radial

UP8- Installation Provision, Stereo

U58- AM/FM Stereo Radio

U64- Dual Rear Speakers

U73- Fixed Mast Antenna

VK3- Front License Plate holder

VP7- ?

V1Q- ?

V1W- ?

V2E- Standard Suspension

YT9- Fisher Installed

59L- Lower body color, Beige

59U- Upper body color, Beige

6BJ- LH Front spring code

67B- Briar Brown

67I- Interior color, Briar Brown

679- Seat belt color, non passive restraints, briar brown

7BJ- RH Front Spring code

8ST- LH Rear Spring code

9ST- RH Rear Spring code

One of the things I saw was that you have the MC pitman arm, box 11. That says 605 series steering box, which is FY. If you had FA box with MC pitman arm, then you would have the 800 series box. Along with box 12 showing the CS front bar. F41 would have a CY coded bar. You have the standard suspension because you have *** for rear stabilizer bar. Usually there’s 3 numbers in block 28 for the last three of the part number of the bar.

Additionally, you have RPO V2E (standard suspension) and RPO NY6 (605 steering box) to back that up.

The blank ones are really odd. Freakin’ Canada built cars. Anyway, I believe the OLD is for the Oldsmobile line assembly at Ste. Therese. I could be wrong on that but there’s nothing I have anywhere that lists an RPO starting with “O”.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
that is great information I would like to start off by saying thank you for taking the time to do this for me. and yes i do have the 605 steering case in my car which has a small leak around the top sealing ring. everything is so strange on this car from new wheel bearings being installed dry with not a drop of grease to some kind of coil shock i never seen before besides on a scooter that made the ride quality on this car terrible trust me that is just a couple things they did. i been looking for a stripped down option wise cutlass for a while as a parts car because parts now a days for a cutlass are insanely high. i stumbled on this one, it had a clean body and almost rot free chassis/floor this is truly what made me buy it. well looks like now another cutlass snuck in my garage and is getting saved.

Attachments

• 20221031_153446 (2).jpg
    20221031_153446 (2).jpg
    508.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 1666458159345.jpg
    1666458159345.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor