Running An Experiment

GP403

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Inola, OK
Ahhhh now see this is the kind of info I need. I'll see what I can do there. That kind of stuff was enabled for guests, and not for logged in users, bc of what you're talking about. This new system throws it back on there. I should be able to turn that off.

Free Japan Travel Tip: When you see 無料案内所 it means "free information office" but its usually a front for some manner of prostitution. I see it at least twice in that pic. kind of like a "DVD" shop means its not full of Disney films if you know what I mean....
Lots of karaoke joints , net cafes, pachinko parlors, and restaurants there, too. Pretty sure that's an old pic too. The building at the end of the street is gone and the big new theater/hotel with the godzilla head is there taking up a huge block.

DRIVEN

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
Owyhee County
Sorry, it just felt like complaining while I was typing it. Thanks.

Ribbedroof

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
This is why I don't use a phone to browse the web. Well, that and I'm old, and have big sausage fingers that make texting and browsing pure hell.

I do kinda agree about the ads being white noise, really don't even notice them most of the time on the PC at work or laptop at home.

And thanks for keeping the joint up and running for all of us!

Rktpwrd

Rktpwrd

Royal Smart Person
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
In addition to what Driven noted, the arrows for auto scrolling up or down the page are now now longer seen or usable. I’m pretty sure the new ridiculous ad real estate at the bottom of the page is covering it up.
(Sorry, that was as politely as I could phrase my dislike for the new ad thingy)

Probably not so much a problem on a desktop, but I use the auto scroll arrows all the time on my phone, it’s just so much more convenient.

Since I’m kinda on the subject, any chance you could add the “next page/previous page” feature back to the top of each page again like you had it on the old format? It’s sucks to have to get all the way to the bottom of a page (without the auto scrolling arrows now), just to be able to access the page navigation.
Especially when you’re on page one of someone’s build thread and you need to get to page 493.

Ribbedroof

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Since I’m kinda on the subject, any chance you could add the “next page/previous page” feature back to the top of each page again like you had it on the old format? It’s sucks to have to get all the way to the bottom of a page (without the auto scrolling arrows now), just to be able to access the page navigation.
Especially when you’re on page one of someone’s build thread and you need to get to page 493.
Still there on laptop

Rktpwrd

Rktpwrd

Royal Smart Person
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Still there on laptop
Definitely not on my mobile. Apple iPhone.
I’d take a screenshot of it, but seeing as how there’s nothing to take a picture of...
(Shrug)

GP403

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Inola, OK
I turned off the ads you're talking about, you shouldn't see those covering up important bits any longer. At least I can't get them to show on my phone right now....

I know what you're talking about re: the next/previous page. In "mobile view" it hides them at the top of the message list and only shows at the bottom. I can probably figure out how to it back at the top, also. Might not be a simple "switch on" kind of thing tho.

Rktpwrd

Rktpwrd

Royal Smart Person
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I turned off the ads you're talking about, you shouldn't see those covering up important bits any longer. At least I can't get them to show on my phone right now....

I know what you're talking about re: the next/previous page. In "mobile view" it hides them at the top of the message list and only shows at the bottom. I can probably figure out how to it back at the top, also. Might not be a simple "switch on" kind of thing tho.
Thanks Chris, I really appreciate your efforts in fixing this.
👍🏻

pagrunt

pagrunt

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 14, 2014
Shelocta, Pa
ahhh kabukicho. full of hookers, yakuza, and african gangster types. kind of like here.

also that's a wicked lens.
But atleast here we don't need to see a doctor to take care of the "souvenirs" you can get/catch there. ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
blackonblack General Discussion 3
-83MONTESS- General Discussion 59