Rust Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Personally I'd power rotary wire brush the thing to get down to cleaner metal, whether a drill attachment or an angle grinder.
One year I'm gonna build a chimney pipe for my outside chimnea, kinda like this pic, But
d41e4ea17316.jpg
more badass, of course'

There is cerakote high temp header coating that is air dry, but it does take a hint of painting skills. :rolleyes:
Oh yea, speaking of dragons, I did partially make a copper dragon head years ago, hammer formed off a wood carving I did. Reign of fire dragon. Was going to mount it under my hood.
DSC00683.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I need a wood stove again just to turn it into Smaug, all very cool.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Ok, I'm super impatient, so I picked up some Rustoleum rust dissolver from the Depot. I'm an idiot, didn't read the destructions, and let it dry. Last night, I got to scrape that off and clean it up for paint. It should hold for the winter, but I really need to get it outdoors to strip and paint it better.
20191102_102754.jpg
20191106_174119.jpg
20191107_211552.jpg

VHT flat black header paint. It's supposed to get pretty chilly next couple of days, so I'll probably fire it tomorrow.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor