s-10 extreme wheels on a gbody anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monzaz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 2, 2007
Richfield, Oh
extreme wheels

Just get the back spacing info they should fit but maybe a different back spacing .

G-body I think is 3.5" backing spacing and the extreme is 4 or 4.5" back spacing. I do have an extreme truck if you need me to measure them for you. Jim

malibulvr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 7, 2008
Pensacola, Florida 32526
I've used these wheels before. Sorry I don't have any pics though. My car was stock keight Malibu Wagon and I used 255/50-16 on rear and 225/55-16 on front looked killer with absolutely no rubbing issues. IMO would still work great even if lowered they had plenty of clearance. Good luck.

78 Green Lemans

Apprentice
Aug 15, 2009
Penticton BC Canada
I know this is an older thread but if you are still looking for pics heres my Lemans with the extreme wheels.
IMG_0021-1.jpg

IMG_0022-1.jpg

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
I have to say, I put those rims(chrome even) on my El Camino and didn't like them. They didn't look right to me, mostle the center cap. But, they look right at home on you're Lemans. Maybe something to do with the side molding but it just looks right.

86cutlass4dr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 20, 2009
Thanks for bringing this thread back, i was wondering this aswell this weekend when i swapped my winters onto my s10. I have a zq8 suspensioned truck that came with the same suspension as the xtremes just a different 16 inch wheel. I set a wheel beside my cutlass and it didnt look like it would fit, simply because the tire was touching the fender lip, but im sure i can get them to now. I need to buy tires for the rims anyways. I have this style
paint002.jpg

78 Green Lemans

Apprentice
Aug 15, 2009
Penticton BC Canada
jrm81bu said:
I have to say, I put those rims(chrome even) on my El Camino and didn't like them. They didn't look right to me, mostle the center cap. But, they look right at home on you're Lemans. Maybe something to do with the side molding but it just looks right.
Thanks, i get quite a few compliments on them since i put them on. I was actually just testing the fit of that width and backspacing and tire size when i put them on. I kinda left them on it because so many people like them on it. No one complimented them as much on my 1st gen s10 :?
I've been told they look better then my 16" irocs with the gold inserts did, and the factory rally's are 14x6.
In case anyone is wondering the tires are 225/55/16 they are approx 25.5" diameter, same as the original 195/75/14's.
I have put 2" drop spindles and front coils from an 84 z28 (A/C car) on since then and still dont have any clearance issues. They even clear the tie rod ends nicely, although i used DJM spindles not belltech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor