Anyone know if c7 zo6 calipers fit the blazer hubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
Ok , so i got the info i need on parts. Sounds like basically everything to do an c6 zo6 brake upgrade is based around swithching stock spindles to blazer spindles. Now i do plan on ditching the drums and putting in some rear discs aswell. What are you guys using for the brake booster? this is for an 86 monte carlo ss. Also where are you getting the spindles ( besides a junk yard, i just dont have time to go hunting for anything at the moment). TIA

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
I went with a B body dual diaphragm booster, IIRC it’s a 12 inch booster. You might need to swap your master cylinder around, I can’t remember but I used a right hand drive S10 master cylinder for the years when the ABS module was up near the master cylinder.

You can find spindles floating around on ebay but the ones I’ve seen are around $250-$275 and I doubt that includes shipping so that’ll possibly run you in the $350 range for those by the time you’re done. Unless you’re married to 15 inch wheels, I’d get a conversion kit from Fly n’ Bye considering how much brake components have gone up recently.

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
I went with a B body dual diaphragm booster, IIRC it’s a 12 inch booster. You might need to swap your master cylinder around, I can’t remember but I used a right hand drive S10 master cylinder for the years when the ABS module was up near the master cylinder.

You can find spindles floating around on ebay but the ones I’ve seen are around $250-$275 and I doubt that includes shipping so that’ll possibly run you in the $350 range for those by the time you’re done. Unless you’re married to 15 inch wheels, I’d get a conversion kit from Fly n’ Bye considering how much brake components have gone up recently.
Thanks. Apparently they have a wait but sell a complete kit of zo6 calipers, rotors spindles, lines etc.

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Thanks. Apparently they have a wait but sell a complete kit of zo6 calipers, rotors spindles, lines etc.
Yeah, by the time you loaded those S10 spindles you would likely be at the price of one of their kits.

Call them first however, and check if they include their conversion hubs with the kit.

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
Bout 1k less than buying a new 6piston kit
Yeah, by the time you loaded those S10 spindles you would likely be at the price of one of their kits.

Call them first however, and check if they include their conversion hubs with the kit.
i did. I’m waiting on an email quote from them. Don’t have time to go from junkyard to junkyard and then prep something. Still have to do all suspension and coat the frame. Thanks again

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
If you can wait a month or two, I'll sell you my Blazer calipers, pads, & rotors.. only have last summer on them. Then you'll just need spindles and bearings.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I did the S10 front setup and 2002 Camaro rear disks on my 87SS. I only changed the proportioning valve to the disk/disk type. I did NOT change the booster/MC. Have great brakes.

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
If you can wait a month or two, I'll sell you my Blazer calipers, pads, & rotors.. only have last summer on them. Then you'll just need spindles and bearings.
Thanks but I’m trying to go big brake. I’m going to run c6 zo6 more than likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor