Safety first. Buy a new-ish GM truck or car lately? New RECALL notice for 2020-23 MY

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
GM just came out with this on 12/8. If your GM car/truck is 2 or 3 model years old or newer, it could apply. Been in the works for over a month at least.

Recall
  • N222386380
General Motors has decided that certain 2020 – 2023 model year Cadillac CT4 and CT5 vehicles; 2021 – 2023 model year Buick Envision vehicles; and 2022 – 2023 model year Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV, Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Suburban, and Tahoe, and GMC Sierra 1500, Yukon, and Yukon XL vehicles, fail to conform, in part, to S7.10.5 of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 108, “Lamps, reflective devices, and associated equipment.” The daytime running lamps (DRLs) may not deactivate when the headlamps are on, as required by S7.10.5, Table I-a. of FMVSS 108.

Safety Risk Description:

If the DRLs do not deactivate when the headlamps are on, the resulting glare could increase the risk of a crash.

Repair Description:

General Motors will update the software in the vehicles’ Body Control Module (BCM) to correct the condition. Owners who have accepted applicable terms and conditions will have the opportunity to accept these software changes using wireless over-the-air (OTA) technology without having to bring their vehicle to a dealership. Alternatively, owners may have their vehicle serviced at a GM dealer to receive these software updates.

Here's the applicable part of the standards table I-a, for DRL's.
1670765346103.png

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor