Safety in Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crd80BU

Greasemonkey
Apr 20, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Can I permanently remove the heater box in Ontairo and put in a delete panel and have my 1980 Malibu still pass safety? Man it sure would clean things up, and Im only going to be fair weather driving anyways cause I can barely get any traction in the rain so snow is definatly out..

Attachments

• IMG_0107 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0107 (Small).JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 532

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
Correctly functioning windshield defrost is required for ontario safety.

Crd80BU

Greasemonkey
Apr 20, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Bummer, thx for the info. Its nice to have but I'd still prefer to remove it all

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Just a thought. Once you safety it and put it on the road, you can still delete it afterwards, I don't think anyone will question you about it. Keep the original heater box if you ever decide to sell it.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm a bit more concerned with what's happening with the MOE steeping up roadside emission inspections and fines. I've heard some unpleasant stories recently.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
clean8485 said:
I'm a bit more concerned with what's happening with the MOE steeping up roadside emission inspections and fines. I've heard some unpleasant stories recently.
Like what?

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
454muscle said:
clean8485 said:
Like what?

Thats also old news, and ive only heard about it happening on the 401 areas, and in the GTA. You get pulled over, and have a roadside safety performed. If your car is deemed unsafe, youre given a big ticket, your car is towed to a garage and you pay the bill. It shows up on the news occasionally. Last year the OPP did a spring time blitz to "ensure vehicles were safe" by issuing fines and tickets after the winter since vehicles take a good beating from the salt.

Same for emissions violations, but the fines are hefty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor