Saginaw 4 Speed rebuild video. Very helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Hey all, i am in the beginning stages of doing a Saginaw 4 speed swap for my MC and i ran across this very informative video on how to rebuild it. I have a 3 groove saginaw and I've never tackled a trans rebuild before and watching this has motivated me to perform the rebuild myself. The only downside is its $2 to rent, so if you have $2 to burn its definitely worth a look. It's amazing how simple these things are!
https://vimeo.com/ondemand/21403
https://vimeo.com/ondemand/21403
Ill be performing the swap very soon, so I'll most likely be asking a lot questions.

406 Monte

Greasemonkey
Jul 1, 2016
Minnesota
Finally checked out this video and is very helpful! Can surely get the job done now. Did you get your swap done Kalidromos13?

Reactions: 1 user

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
That's great! I'm glad you found some use of it. Here's my progress right now. Have all ready to be assembled pretty much.
Al91UsX.jpg

Had the case and tail bead blasted. Painted it with some caliper paint real quick
ovX2gdM.jpg

Taking my time with this as I'm working a lot lately so I'm tired when I get home and besides my girlfriend quit her second job so we could spend more time together. Won't be making much progress next week as I'm taking off for Phoenix for a wedding and we are taking our vacation in Sedona first and then Utah...haha im about to start taking the front end apart today to replace coil springs and lower control arms.
lW2PdFg.jpg

So gonna try to make progress today.

406 Monte

Greasemonkey
Jul 1, 2016
Minnesota
Cool sounds fun. I would like to blast my case and tail also, my father in law has a sand blasting cabinet figured I would use that.

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Thanks, 406 it will be! Haha If you use sand blaster be sure to use some duct tape on every opening because it might be hard to get all those sand particles out or you could pressure wash it when you're done. It wasn't hard to take apart all you really need is a good pair of snap ring pliers. I got the craftsman one and it works great. If you have any questions feel free to PM or anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor