Sand Blaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have some small parts to clean up, is this type of sand blaster any good?

0589446_1.jpeg

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have used gravity fed blasters in larger versions but I have not used that style but for me anything that is not being done in a blast cabinet I like to use a pressurized canister instead they do a far better job and are way faster.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Those small ones are not that bad to keep on hand but are kinda of a disposable tool. The shops I serviced bought them on a regular rotation. They are great on the small jobs/home hobby stuff. For most of us for what we would need one of those for they could last longer. That one you posted a pic I never seen before.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Those small ones are not that bad to keep on hand but are kinda of a disposable tool. The shops I serviced bought them on a regular rotation. They are great on the small jobs/home hobby stuff. For most of us for what we would need one of those for they could last longer. That one you posted a pic I never seen before.

I am having that one made special order just for me. .....:mrgreen:

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Have you considered buying a blast cabinet? I have this one from HF that I bought probably 10 years ago and it still works well.
https://www.harborfreight.com/abrasive-blast-cabinet-62144.html I have used it to blast everything from small rusty parts, brackets and bolts to cleaning up aluminum intakes etc. For small parts that are hard to hold I put them in a stainless steel mesh strainer and shake it around when I blast them.
62144_zzz_500.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Yes I have looked at the cabinet but the job I need it for is to clean up a small trailer and a lawn mower so the cabinet won't work but thanks for the suggestion

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
A trailer, with that little gun, you must have alot of spare time. Going to take some time filling it over an over.

CT use to have a 5 gallon back pack one fairly cheap price.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I should have said small areas not parts. Not all the trailer needs to be done but I will use a chair with a cooler filled with beer. I appreciate that suggestion...

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I used a speed blaster (snap-on) on a Fox mustang convert that had been through an engine fire incident. Worked OK for cleaning up the aprons and core support, but as mentioned, did take a fair amount of time, and there was sand EVERYWHERE. I was fortunate that I could do it at my workplace on a weekend in the gravel parking/holding lot, so it wasn't a huge deal.

I would look around for outfits that do a lot of industrial blasting for the trailer frame...I priced having my spare Malibu frame done, and was told about $100-150 to do it everywhere it was accessable. Buddy has his done by an oilfield equipment place, cheaply....but has to wait until they have a slow stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor