Sand Blaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm back on my pc so it's easier to explain, my fingers are too fat for my phone,. The trailer is a small 6' trailer just used around the yard at my son's place. I'm just using the sand blaster to get to the hard to reach areas.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Have you considered buying a blast cabinet? I have this one from HF that I bought probably 10 years ago and it still works well.
https://www.harborfreight.com/abrasive-blast-cabinet-62144.html I have used it to blast everything from small rusty parts, brackets and bolts to cleaning up aluminum intakes etc. For small parts that are hard to hold I put them in a stainless steel mesh strainer and shake it around when I blast them.
62144_zzz_500.jpg

I checked on the blast cabinet and a similar one to the one you found for $180 is $500 here, I guess blue paint is more expensive than red....:doh:

8046492.jpg

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Check out home depo, l see CT doesn't sell the one l was talking about but do sell the one your talking about, anyways they have a 50 lb hopper style one for close in price as the one your looking at.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Check out home depo, l see CT doesn't sell the one l was talking about but do sell the one your talking about, anyways they have a 50 lb hopper style one for close in price as the one your looking at.

the Home Depot US sells that one for $64, in Canada it's $120...:(

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Thanks for looking, it's rediculous the prices we get hosed for here in Canada.

Welcome! That's a fact!! That last pic you posted is the one l was talking about, l bought mine about 15 years ago, but l have changed it now, added longer hose an a 25 gallon drum, cheap homemade but works really good!!

Just wear a good mask or respirator depending on medium your using.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Welcome! That's a fact!! That last pic you posted is the one l was talking about, l bought mine about 15 years ago, but l have changed it now, added longer hose an a 25 gallon drum, cheap homemade but works really good!!

Just wear a good mask or respirator depending on medium your using.

thanks again but how can I were a mask while adhering to 565bbchevy's rule to drink beer while sandblasting....:friday:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor