Sand gray door panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy girl

Apprentice
Oct 11, 2014
Looking for lt sand gray cloth for upper door panels . 83 cutlass calias g body parts says it’s discontinued. Trying to match seats
3AF40736-BC41-4135-9F2B-2C7013FDE462.png
sand gray cloth
A8C9EDB6-3D4E-4417-8BE9-2F033563730A.png

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
If you cant find them just use any color and redo them with SEM Color Coat. Works well and very easy to use. This dash was tan from the factory.

Attachments

• IMG_1410.JPG
    IMG_1410.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 152
Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Crap, I just reread your post. Now I see you need the cloth. Call SMS Auto Fabric. They sell OEM cloths and vinyls from every manufacturer. I was able to match the Jadestone cloths I used in my 81 Malibu and I also bought 3 different mid 80s Olds materiels in medium grey for my wagon. They usually send a small sample of what you want before they cut and send it. Be aware, OEM cloth isnt cheap. I thnk most of what I bought was over $90 a yard.

Jimmy girl

Apprentice
Oct 11, 2014
I sent them an email yesterday . Waiting for a reply . G body parts wanted $275 for door panels ( when they had them ) so if I can buy cloth , it will be worth it

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I sent them an email yesterday . Waiting for a reply . G body parts wanted $275 for door panels ( when they had them ) so if I can buy cloth , it will be worth it

SMS has a huge supply of cloth and vinyl. Downside is their help sucks. I sent them samples, they sent them back with matching swatches of both patterns. I placed the order and it turned bad from that point on The first shipment came, the cloth didnt match the sample, then the material came damaged. Instead of sending it in a roll they sent it in a box. By the time it got here every corner where it was folded was scuffed so bad the upholstery shop wouldnt use it. Then the replacement wasnt the right length. They sent more, it didnt match the first piece. If I lived close I would have gone there and thrown the stuff through the front window. Im serious. I dont remember the exact week I ordered it but it took from April to November to get the right stuff sent to me in the right color. The window of time the upholstery shop had for doing my job was changed a few times. They were pissed too.
I tried to find the Olds cloth from a different vendor but in the end I used SMS a second time. This time everything was fine. Colors, amount, and condition of it all was perfect. Im just glad Im not doing this again. LOL

• Wow

Jimmy girl

Apprentice
Oct 11, 2014
505B88B4-42C8-493C-9673-45F65A4F94CF.jpeg
505B88B4-42C8-493C-9673-45F65A4F94CF.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

Jimmy girl

Apprentice
Oct 11, 2014
This is my car . Just had it painted , now I’m putting it together . Sorry for the double pic this website doesn’t like my I pad

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
This is my car . Just had it painted , now I’m putting it together . Sorry for the double pic this website doesn’t like my I pad
Keep in mind a yard of cloth is wider than 36". I think its something like 54" ? Not sure, its been a few years. I think SMS might sell 1/2 yards too. Ask when you speak to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor