Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Signed.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
Just signed, been going there since I was 14 years old. I remember taking my son there the first time at the age of 10 and he had a blast. Now he's 24 still enjoying racing with me or his friends at that track.

Reactions: 2 users

newmexguy

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2021
Las Cruces NM 88005
Epping, New Hampshire. Grew up in New England, and moved away close to thirty years ago. Hyper Expensive up there nowadays, Could never go back. That's probably why it is for sale - some developer has eyes on the property. To build yuppie condos. Remember their radio ads in the early eighties - "SUNDAY"

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Grew up in New England, and moved away close to thirty years ago. Hyper Expensive up there nowadays, Could never go back.
Been a good 20 for me... all about a balancing act. Depending on the area you look at, and where you compare to, how you pay, you get "more" for your money there than other places.

We've divested all but one residential site here in GA. I won't go further than say ridiculous politics and social warriors make the quality of life off your own land start to suck as strike one. Strike two is houses in general here suck. No basements. Glorified mobile homes make up a HUGE part of market share. Strike three: Vacant land is overpriced as pine timberland from 80s investment shelters, or sole immediately after logging and the land is trash.

So, we're looking for a new place to go and pay cash. But back on point, high property taxes mean lower home prices in much of new england, ESPECIALLY CT.

From a mortgage seeking buyer standpoint, 500 higher in taxes per month removes $110k in purchasing power. So for a $6000 higher yearly tax bill you lower affordability by that 110k. Ergo the lower prices you see, with fewer competing buyers due to the "taxes" But, excluding inflation, it takes about 19 years for the tax bill to equal the 110k you saved on your purchase, again, excluding inflation. And think how much time/value of money is.

[Cue Billy Mays voice] BUT THERES MORE!!!

For us, it makes even more sense to buy outright a cheaper, higher taxed, house for that less cash outlay. Not only does it take decades to equalize, but we leave the excess principal we don't spend on a purchase invested earning us MORE money in the interim as well. Over time, that 100k would average a good 5% or better return on its own per year, essentially paying that tax difference for free.

So... yeah. There's that. The search is on.

Reactions: 1 users

Olds G's

Greasemonkey
Apr 6, 2020
CT
the 1/4 mile track in my life is entertaining an unsolicited offer next month.it may be familiar to some of you from the new england area,take a look maybe you'd be interested in signing it too.
Signed. Some very notable comments on why one should move here or there and under what conditions for sure. Especially CT. But we do need to protect our interests, hobbies and dreams too. Our small general aviation airports are also being sought after too (noise abatement as an example), our farms and open space as a whole too. We, as a society need to protect our interests. What about woods and forests to venture into to camp, hike, hunt and just relax for a bit? Not having cell connectivity for a bit isn't all bad and it wasn't all that long ago when it didn't even exist. Show of hands. Who remembers that era? Double edged sword, right? It is this platform that keeps us in the loop of such things and I am very glad to be a part of it. When we lost the race track at Danbury Fair to a mall it was tragic to many generations of folks. My neighbor still has two cars from that track and goes to shows with them. Shame the track is gone. Seems that the $$ or bit coin or whatever always has been the end desire. Always will be.

Anyway, a very Happy Thanksgiving to all!🗽🗽🇺🇸🇺🇸

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Signed and shared.

I wish something like this could've stopped my local track from closing 3 years ago. I signed for that reason alone.

• Winner

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Signed and sent to some friends. That’s just wrong. My brother and all his buddies as well as myself have raced grudge night since the early 70’s( me in the late 80’s) up through the years. Nothing is sacred to out of staters

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I think I signed it correctly. My son wasn't here to babysit me. Even though I never have been there or will never go as it a wee bit away from my Arizona home, I do remember a track that was closed when I was younger do to the homes built around it complained about the noise. "Run What You Brung" was a lot of fun. I find it funny, even a bit entitled, that someone buys a new home by a racetrack, airport, school or some other place that has been there for years and then complains about the noise. I wish this place the best of luck to hold on to what they have however, Money is a powerful drug.

• Winner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor