save New England dragway Petition..

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I think I signed it correctly. My son wasn't here to babysit me. Even though I never have been there or will never go as it a wee bit away from my Arizona home, I do remember a track that was closed when I was younger do to the homes built around it complained about the noise. "Run What You Brung" was a lot of fun. I find it funny, even a bit entitled, that someone buys a new home by a racetrack, airport, school or some other place that has been there for years and then complains about the noise. I wish this place the best of luck to hold on to what they have however, Money is a powerful drug.
thank you.
that airport/noise scenario is very true.there's a 1/4 mile circle track and a firearms manufacturer half mile from the dragway that's comes to mind in this situation also.if this parcel of real estate turns housing it's only a matter of time before that noise complaint comes up. once these tracks are gone they're gone.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
thank you.
that airport/noise scenario is very true.there's a 1/4 mile circle track and a firearms manufacturer half mile from the dragway that's comes to mind in this situation also.if this parcel of real estate turns housing it's only a matter of time before that noise complaint comes up. once these tracks are gone they're gone.
Yuppies and granolas - smh sadly.

Please treat them all to some tire smoke.

• Winner

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
Signed it just now, and I have a special memory of that place.
Many moons ago my girlfriend (now wife) and I took off to go there to see a Super Chevy Show. It was a packed day, car show, grudge racing, run what ya brung, jet dragsters etc etc.
It's a bit over 3 hours one way, so we took her 320i and unknown to me at the time, she had agreed to babysit her brothers 3 year old for the day. So what's a guy to do? Pile the kid in the car and have at it. Had a great time and on the way home there is this noise coming from the back seat, over and over again. WTH is that? Turns out the young lad had sat with us about 1/2 track on the grandstands long enough to imprint the sound of cars coming off the line and thru the gears as they passed. He was buckled in the car seat going "Waaah, whaaaaaah, whaaaaaaaaah, brrrrrmmmmmmm" over and over again :cool: Guess we made an impression on him that day.
Need to keep these local tracks alive, I'm just glad my local dirt track is in a cornfield.
Cows don't seem to mind it much..

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Listening to dork-o-motive podcast (Brian Lohnes), there are bunch of references to the New England Dragway.

Thanks mello for bringing the track up here.

Reactions: 1 user

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
Would be a shitty place for condos. With the speedway and the Sig range right next door. The back up alarms on the trucks coming in and out of the water place are annoying as hell too.

And who would want to live right next door to the big waste recycling facility with all the truck traffic...

I guess maybe all those things would just need to close too?

Not to mention how much I hate everything turning into condos. I might be tempted to go into a residential neighborhood and destroy a set of tires or two in the memory of New England Dragway.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Would be a shitty place for condos. With the speedway and the Sig range right next door. The back up alarms on the trucks coming in and out of the water place are annoying as hell too.

And who would want to live right next door to the big waste recycling facility with all the truck traffic...

I guess maybe all those things would just need to close too?

Not to mention how much I hate everything turning into condos. I might be tempted to go into a residential neighborhood and destroy a set of tires or two in the memory of New England Dragway.
If all those places do close and turn into condos, I hope they are haunted with the everlasting smells of race fuel and tire rubber as well as engine sounds and PA systems much like a house built on an ancient burial ground.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Ncaa Baseball GIF by Arkansas Razorbacks

Olds G's

Greasemonkey
Apr 6, 2020
CT
A bunch of us used to go to a track and watch races just outside of Yuma, AZ when I was in the Marines in the 90's. Good time for sure but don't know if it's still around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor