Sbc 350 headers on 78-80 cutlass fitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOD or Nothing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 19, 2019
Im in need of some headersto fit in my 80 cutty.. but dont want to order and not fit proprer.. got a 350 sbc going in and if anybody has done this set up whet headers are right for this? I like the feedback from those who done this. Appreciate it

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Are you thinking long tube or shorties? Of all the threads I’ve read on here mine included, long tubes can be a real PITA. Flowmaster SS wouldn’t work. I made my Hookers work but it wasn’t easy. If I was doing it again I’d go with shorties.

GOD or Nothing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 19, 2019
Are you thinking long tube or shorties? Of all the threads I’ve read on here mine included, long tubes can be a real PITA. Flowmaster SS wouldn’t work. I made my Hookers work but it wasn’t easy. If I was doing it again I’d go with shorties.
Yea im going with shorties dont want to struggle and just my sunday cruiser only real ? I got is . What problems do you come in contact with and will any brand work like hooker brand. Thanks for the reply

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I’ve only ever used Gibson and Borla shorties with no problems. I would strongly suggest stainless steel. Never have to replace. It’s WELL worth the extra money.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I bought the stainless Ebay headers for my 86' Regal and I was actually quite happy with quality and the fitment, no issues with the frame or suspension even though it is close in a few spots.
The only things that needed to be done was a notch on the driver's side engine mount and I had to modify my column shift linkage and number 5 plug wire is close to the header so you can run a straight boot or a 90 with a heat boot like I did .
Also full access to the oil filter and plenty of room to get a mini starter in and out with the header installed.
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/stainless-ebay-headers-sbc.73528/#post-701585

GOD or Nothing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 19, 2019
I bought the stainless Ebay headers for my 86' Regal and I was actually quite happy with quality and the fitment, no issues with the frame or suspension even though it is close in a few spots.
The only things that needed to be done was a notch on the driver's side engine mount and I had to modify my column shift linkage and number 5 plug wire is close to the header so you can run a straight boot or a 90 with a heat boot like I did .
Also full access to the oil filter and plenty of room to get a mini starter in and out with the header installed.
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/stainless-ebay-headers-sbc.73528/#post-701585
Are you running a 350 chevy?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

spicercars

Greasemonkey
Jan 7, 2019
Saginaw MN
I am running Hedman Hedders 68606 and they fit really well. This was my 4th set before I found a set that fit. There a little spendy but they fit. Also ball and socket collectors so no gaskets to blow out.

Reactions: 1 user

GOD or Nothing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 19, 2019
I am running Hedman Hedders 68606 and they fit really well. This was my 4th set before I found a set that fit. There a little spendy but they fit. Also ball and socket collectors so no gaskets to blow out.
That's good information thanks what year is your g body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor