SBC 350 to 200-4R

Street Sweeper22

Master Mechanic
Nov 18, 2017
I finally got my SBC 350 in the car and I got the transmission bolted to it. I went to bolt the torque converter to the flywheel and there is a 1/4 inch gap. It doesn’t seem right. Any ideas?
IMG_1469.jpeg
IMG_1470.jpeg

Happens all the time. Add a couple of washers to take up most of the space.

Reactions: Street Sweeper22
Perhaps if you take a gander at these two videos.... this might actually shed some light on what direction to take.

Perhaps if you take a gander at these two videos.... this might actually shed some light on what direction to take.

I took a gander at those two videos and they sure did shed some light. Thank you for sharing those. I would have messed that transmission up for sure without them.

I have two 1/16" washers in-between my converter and flex plate. Works for me. A bit annoying to assemble but works.

I guess it depends on the engine/trans/torque converter combination.

Back in the mid 90s, i had a '75 chevelle with a built 355sbc mated to a th350, used a 12" TCI saturday night special torque converter and a 168tooth SFI flexplate, had very little gap in between, bolted directly together, no issues for 13yrs.

I have two 1/16" washers in-between my converter and flex plate. Works for me. A bit annoying to assemble but works.
Do you know where to find the u nut that fits a 15mm bolt? I can’t seem to find them anywhere. I can find the ones that fit a 10mm everywhere. In the picture it’s the one on the left.
IMG_1500.jpeg
IMG_1501.jpeg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor