SBC center dumps on a Gbody

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoffa65

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta GA
Has anybody put 69 angled SBC center dumps on their Gbody?
Any clearance issues?
20190204_182659.jpg

FluoFerret

Greasemonkey
Apr 2, 2018
Luxembourg
They don't fit, but there are is a model that might fit, since I have seen pictures of people who installed them.
Here's the link to center dumps with shorter angle

i can't find the picture on this computer, i will post it later from my other. Personnally, I never had an opportunity to check this.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
You have to mod the frame to make a pocket to clear. Those look to be (about) '67-'72 truck manifolds and basicly all ram horns don't clear the frame. The closest set that might work (no proof they will) may be the '64-'67 Chevy II/Nova ram horns but may still need the fram mods. If there were a 100% direct fit set this guy would be using them. As for manifold options outside of the common set of the log type that cam stock would be the ones used on '64-'77 A bodies ('78 cars did use the drivers side but not all did), '67-'81 F bodies & later B bodies & trucks.

Scoot-71

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2018
Rio WI
in the world of circle track racing those smaller (non Corvette) center dumps are a poor design and not worth the effort, get truck manifolds off like a 1990 they but really try to find the left one that dont have an indentation on the front lower outside part of it, these flow almost as well as the Vette center dumps, I also think lt1 camaro log style ones are really good too

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
in the world of circle track racing those smaller (non Corvette) center dumps are a poor design and not worth the effort, get truck manifolds off like a 1990 they but really try to find the left one that dont have an indentation on the front lower outside part of it, these flow almost as well as the Vette center dumps, I also think lt1 camaro log style ones are really good too

I've heard the 93-97 LT1 manifolds flow well too. I'm shocked to hear that about the truck manifolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor