SBC flowtech longtube headers, anyone use em'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
Was looking at some cheap 140$ summit racing flow tech headers for my LT1 cutlass. I used the flowtech shorties but they rub on the passenger side control ARM. Weak. Anyone use the long tubes with any issues? Does the LT1 have a slightly different angle on the header mounting surface? Or should they mate up no issues? Picks are always nice. Thanks in advance!

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Flowtech headers are the only headers I have ever used, no issues here. Maybe one day I'll not be such such a tight wad and spend money on a nice set of KOOK's :mrgreen:

ZZ4CutlaSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota
I have ran them with no issues at all I would Just suggest spending a little more money and get the ceramic coated ones.

ZZ4CutlaSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota
I should have added if you go to advanceautoparts.com and in the shopping cart add promo code P20 and instantly save $50 bucks on these headers part# 31104FLT.

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
ZZ4cutlass, Are those the shorties on your setup?

I'm a tight wad as well, I like to call it a "budget build". I was going to hit them with some high temp header paint and or wrap. Depending on the price.

ZZ4CutlaSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota
thedoctorisin said:
ZZ4cutlass, Are those the shorties on your setup?

I'm a tight wad as well, I like to call it a "budget build". I was going to hit them with some high temp header paint and or wrap. Depending on the price.
Long tube headers. Nothing wrong with that just as long as you spray them with something that will keep them from rusting.
Photo0335_001.jpg

jimmyp618

Greasemonkey
Feb 8, 2009
What serpentine set up are you using? Looks great

ZZ4CutlaSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I got longtube Flowtecs on my 400 and no problems here. The only complaint is that they rust VERY quick!!!

Grandprixpaul

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2011
Commerce township , mi
I have them on sbc 350 i bouht the coated ones this time hey really look good and seal . Nicely too but spend the extra for the coating as the other guy said the non-coated ones rust fast i had a pair on my iroc z i uesed to have and they were rusting before they left the garage then they dont last long either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor