SBC g body motor mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeebo

n00b
Jan 6, 2013
ok..installing a 350 chevy in place of a 3.8L. i know i need G body specific 305 engine mounts. i also know that i need 305 chevy frame mounts too..however, i believe you can buy frame mounts at a parts store..not so with the engine mounts, correct? anyone have a set they would care to sell? thanks!!!

Mistermastamind

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2012
I had the same problem. Buy everything you need from a 1985 Chevy Monte Carlo. Frame Mounts, Engine Mounts, Etc.

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
The frame mounts can be picked up at any auto parts store. I think the PN is usually 2292. The clam shells for the engine came on just about any Chevrolet product of the 70's and 80's with a V8. Go walk around a pull a part and find a V8 already pulled and laying around. That is where mine came from. That being said, I believe that I have an extra set if you want to pay shipping that you can have.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
summit racing has the motor side mounts, OER-332648 is the part number. they're 20 bucks each but then you dont need to go dig them out of a car at a boneyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor