SBC INTAKE GASKETS AND BOLTS????'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I have a set of SBC Edelbrock RPM heads part number 6073 and a Edelbrock air-gap intake part number 7501 and need intake gaskets and intake bolts im thinking felpro 1205 intake gaskets and arp 434-2001 intake bolts will these work good with no leaks(LOL)?

Last edited:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I could be wrong on this, but doesn't SBC intake bolts require sealant so as not to leak through the threads? Maybe I'm smoking something but I recall that being a situation, I think.

A review on Summit...…whether it applies or not.....

The only issue I had is using these on a SBC with an Edelbrock RPM air-gap manifold is the holes near the cooling runners needed the washers ground on an angle in order to sit flush once the bolts were put in due to the holes being so close to the raised casting.
This is due to the casting on the manifold and not the intake bolts. I'm glad the washers were thick enough for me to grind them to have the bolts sit flush and still look great.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
According to that one guy's review who gave that particular part number of bolts all the stars he could. Looks like he's got a similar setup as you with an air gap intake. I can't tell you from personal experience with that exact bolt set, but I've used ARP bolts and studs on previous builds and they're primo top shelf products. They don't skimp. As far as quality, you'd be hard pressed to find better at their price point. I can't speak for anyone else. I know that may not help you, but it appears the bolts will work for your application based on others' replies.

Here's another SBC prop review. I'm not posting these to sell you on it, but it seems the SBC guys who use them are happy with that particular set of bolts.

Bought these to go with aluminum heads and intake for SBC motor. The quality and looks are the best. I was worried about stripping out threads on aluminum heads. Torqued to spec. with no problems. I wished I had used ARP on other bolt sets. You get what you pay for.

Just installed these on a rebuild Fast burn 350 with the GMPP aluminum high rise intake. Worked great, look great and easy installation. Torqued with no issues.

Pricey but worth it. Ran them all in by hand (in aluminum heads) and they went in nice and easy. Used the ARP thread sealer and their Ultra Torque fastener lube for insurance.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
From what I remember I used that Felpro manifold gasket on my SBC. Never use the front and rear though. I use a bead of Ultra Black instead. Also put a dab on each end of the gasket.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor