SBC sprayed oil everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
My little brother recently got a hold of *sigh* another square body chevy, and while it is a nice truck with a bone stock 305(?) that from the looks of it was at the very least taken out and painted within the last few years, it just decided to piss everywhere. It was like the garden hose turned on. It came from the oil filter area. I have a picture here. The filter that's on it is not the one that was on it when it blew, it was a BOSCH 3510. It never leaked before, until today. What could be the problem? There is NO oil near the oil pressure sender on the back of the motor, there is oil on the driver's side cross over pipe and the drivers side of the inspection cover. And here is a picture I took. What is that sender with the wires going to it? I'm not familiar at all really with SBCs. Any help is appreciated.
17141233_1337293923029780_443556192_n.jpg

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
That blue filter was put on to just stop the leaking into the driveway. IDK why my brother put it on, but he did. I still have the BOSCH 3510 we took off. The O ring on it is fine as well.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
That's the oil pressure sender right above the filter, with the oily wires going to it. Easy fix.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
That is probably an oil temp sender or pressure switch - First place to look would be there or the filter.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That's the oil pressure sender right above the filter, with the oily wires going to it. Easy fix.

haha, yesterday I had the same answer that you had but you posted yours first when I was writing mine, today I beat you to it...:D

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Thanks for the help guys. None of the parts stores have it in stock, or that's what their dumb computers say. Gonna have to order one in soon. Thanks for the help.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Wow. No oil pressure sender for a Chevy truck with an SBC? Amazing. What has the auto parts come to? Reminds me of when I wanted a set of Delco plugs for the 305 in my 89 Chevy and they tried to sell me 3 loose ones now, and we'll order the rest.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Wow. No oil pressure sender for a Chevy truck with an SBC? Amazing. What has the auto parts come to? Reminds me of when I wanted a set of Delco plugs for the 305 in my 89 Chevy and they tried to sell me 3 loose ones now, and we'll order the rest.
Seems to be par for the course anymore. They post jobs, jobs get filled with "qualified" candidates that know how to learn the software with little to no knowledge of cars/trucks etc.! There is literally only 1 autozone i will go into, and then i usuay only deal with the guys that do business accounts because they know their sh*t!

However, it seems as if oreilly around here hires more knowledgeable people as i rarely have issues finding solutions.

Sorry mr sony, rant over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor