SBC swap into a 1987 Buick GrandNational

Status
Not open for further replies.

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh
I have a buddy that wants to swap a 305 inplace of his 3.8. He's looking to make a dirt track car for his local dirt car seires. The car has 70 orginal Km's we went to pick it up from the 2nd owner the car is mint. Were going to cut of the noose of the car and weld on a monte carlo ss front clip. and drop the 200r4 for a th350 or th400.

I'm trying to talk himout of cutting up the GN but he dosent belive they are worth the money. Oh well any advice for him into making a good dirt track car?

bigtmoney

Greasemonkey
Dec 11, 2011
Dallas, TX
Haha I can't wait for the replies to this one!

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Wow! If you were smart, you'd buy the car from him or find him another car to use for a dirt track car! That is simply beyond stupid to trash a GN for a race car! I thought a GN was your dream car? You're gonna get alot of bashing from this one. :twisted:

Maybe it's a late April fools joke....only one would hope!

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh
Well I took a drive over too his house and I went to see the condition of the motor it seems he used a sludge hammer on the LC2 once he removed it from the car :|..... there goes me getting a cheap turbo motor.

I'm not gunna help him with this stupid project... the guy dosent know anything hes way too into Volkswagons to understand what the GN stands for :evil:

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
Dude, trade him your cutlass. Tell him it's the equivalent to his favorite VW. Anything. Don't let him trash the car.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
This guy sounds like a ****ing idiot that shouldnt be aloud near a car. Isn't there some kind of law that prohibits destroying GN's :lol:

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
YGspider said:
-305 inplace of his 3.8.
-dirt track car for his local dirt car seires.
-cut of the noose of the car and weld on a monte carlo ss front clip.
-drop the 200r4 for a th350 or th400.
-he used a slEdge hammer on the LC2
fffuuuu.jpg

-nny joke.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
:wtf: April fool's day was yesterday. You can't be serious. First it's the "____head" with an '82 Chevy C-10 Pickup asking if it's a G-body...now it's someone wanting to cut up a nice GN and turn it into a roundy round car. What the hell is this world coming to? :shock:
It can't be the full moon already...
I think I've heard enough idiocy today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor