SBC Swap Questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmith10

n00b
Apr 25, 2006
SBC Swap Questions...

I know, I know... I should stay Olds, but here goes anyways.

Basically my question is what I need to do for the SBC Swap. I've heard the fuel lines are on the wrong side, and some wiring adjustments, but is that it? Anyone that can help me out, it'd be appreciated.

This is my first post, I just bought an 87 Cutlass 4 days ago. Pretty solid car, has the 3.8 in it right now. I'm putting a th350 with a shift kit in, along with an SBC 350. I'll get some pics up of it soon.

- Travis

RedHotRegal

Master Mechanic
Mar 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
sbc swap

Not sure about the cutlass but when I blew the 3.8 in my first regal I purchased a running monte from the scrap yard so I had every thing I needed. After doing the swap I scrapped the car and got $300 back of the $400 Ispent on the beater. Just an idea. Good luck and happy wrenching.

SBCregal

Master Mechanic
Jan 22, 2006
I think you need a rad and rad hoses too, the fill and the hoses are on opposite sides if I remember correctly. Probably mounts too

Ryan

Arok

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 3, 2006
Gainesville, Florida
Re: sbc swap

RedHotRegal said:
Not sure about the cutlass but when I blew the 3.8 in my first regal I purchased a running monte from the scrap yard so I had every thing I needed. After doing the swap I scrapped the car and got $300 back of the $400 Ispent on the beater. Just an idea. Good luck and happy wrenching.

TH400, since you can handle it, get a BBC :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor