SBO starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I was fortunate to receive this free Remy starter for SBO from a Forum Member ( Thanks Tom!! ) who was moving, and did not need this starter due to an LS swap in his 260 v8 Cutlass. It is in very good shape and could not have been used for more than a couple hundred miles. I wanted to use it on my budget 403 build. I was curious about the fitment and bolts. The long one looks a little tweaked. I put a straight edge to the shaft, but it looks like the bolt head is bent slightly. It also looks like it has "stepped" threads?? Any input on this... Is it an original bolt? Stepped threads?? My 403 came without a starter, so I cant compare. My 260 is covered, and hard to get to, making it difficult to compare. Rock Auto fitment guide on this part# starts at 1984+ Olds, so I'm curious about correct fitment. What do you say Olds Guys??
IMG_1754.JPG

IMG_1752.JPG
IMG_1750.JPG

IMG_1755.JPG

Look closely at the bolt head in relation to the shaft... ??

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
Since it looks like a stock replacement, use the original starter bolts when you pull the 260.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
No, just kind of a weird bolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor