sbo to sbc= motor mounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
where would be a place to find motor mounts for a g body sbc? new condition if i can,

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
autozone? That's where I got mine

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
thanks. im thinkin about buying this running H.O. 305 for the cutlass

DETROITBOY27

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2008
houston tx
pimplogic said:
thanks. im thinkin about buying this running H.O. 305 for the cutlass

Why trade a boat anchor for another boat anchor that will be a PITA to install????? Their is alot of extra work from swapping an olds to a chevy. I believe you need caprice motor mounts for the swap, because the olds motor mounts are diffefrent from the chevy.

treed_cutlass

Apprentice
Oct 17, 2008
Doesn't the L69 SBC have about 180 HP?
Y-code 307 SBO has about 140...

So I wouldn't say NO gain... But I get your drift.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
More importantly they made about the same torque. Lot of work for little gain if power is your primary goal. That said his current motor may be sic or dead & he found a 305 for next to nothing. When you have lots of time & little cash this might make perfect sense. If that is not the case find something bigger, not just because its bigger but because in this case its better all the way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor