EL CAMINO School me on turn signal switches please

KCP

KCP

Apprentice
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
Ok, my turn signal lever just keeps dangling from the steering coloumn and I have no brake lights, no turns front or back and no hazards.
So my guess is, the switch is bad. It's a plain lever with no extras like cruise or delay wipers.
When I look for switches I see ones with provisions for cornering lights which might come handy at a later point.
Are these interchangeable to my standard switch? I know there must be two more wires to it, but is the rest of the plug wired the same way?
At least a pic of the inerts of the coloumn. Is there anything else I should take care of?

img_20181117_173847508-jpg.99815

Attachments

pontiacgp

pontiacgp

Canadian Prime Minister
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you want to add cornering lights you can always tap into the wire for the turn signal light and add a capacitor to the wire to keep the cornering light on while the turn signal is on. I used a 10,000 UF Capacitor and 10K 1/4 watt resistor to use my turn signals as a DRL so you could use them for the cornering light. I run that set up with a relay so you'd have good current to the light. I would also use a diode so the current doesn't flow back to your turn signal light

Last edited:
KCP

KCP

Apprentice
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
Thanks!
Off to order a new switch now.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes P-S-T Southside Machine Performance UMI Performance

contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor