EL CAMINO School me on turn signal switches please

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
Ok, my turn signal lever just keeps dangling from the steering coloumn and I have no brake lights, no turns front or back and no hazards.
So my guess is, the switch is bad. It's a plain lever with no extras like cruise or delay wipers.
When I look for switches I see ones with provisions for cornering lights which might come handy at a later point.
Are these interchangeable to my standard switch? I know there must be two more wires to it, but is the rest of the plug wired the same way?
At least a pic of the inerts of the coloumn. Is there anything else I should take care of?

IMG_20181117_173847508.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181117_173841808.jpg
    IMG_20181117_173841808.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 144

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you want to add cornering lights you can always tap into the wire for the turn signal light and add a capacitor to the wire to keep the cornering light on while the turn signal is on. I used a 10,000 UF Capacitor and 10K 1/4 watt resistor to use my turn signals as a DRL so you could use them for the cornering light. I run that set up with a relay so you'd have good current to the light. I would also use a diode so the current doesn't flow back to your turn signal light

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
Thanks!
Off to order a new switch now.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor