Schumacher Battery Charger Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I purchased a Schumacher batt charger a few years ago from O'Reillys when my >20yr old Sears charger bit the dust. I've used it a few times since its purchase; we used it several months ago w/no issues (pre-Aug), & it's been sitting idle since. I plugged it in today so I could charge the battery for my portable pallet racking gantry-hoist set-up. When connected, it immediately reads 18.9 or 19 on the voltage display. I immediately disconnected it & grabbed a voltmeter. Batt indicates 12v so it's not completely discharged. As soon as I connect the charger, the voltmeter pegs out (18v is it's limit). Again, I disconnected the charger from the battery.

I printed off the manual for some guidance but it mostly tells you the basics & then to call beyond that. Anyone have an issue like this they could provide some possible insight?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20201209_132154.jpg
    20201209_132154.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 104
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor