She has a 4l80 behind it
I’m planning on going with the carb and carbs edelbrock intake

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
54-469-11 Comp Cams camshaft, matching valve springs, headers. 92mm throttle body. You'll need a converter for the transmission and 3.73 gears for the rear end.

Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
What Are you looking to do with it? Street, race, etc. Easy to make power but too big of a camshaft won't help drivability.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
1ST TIP - lose the carb program only because you're going to need something to run the coils and transmission anyway, why not have it run the injectors as well? Running a carb with a 4L80 on an LS will require utilization of every electronic part on the engine except the cam sensor and injectors. If you want to run the Eddy intake, then get the one that takes injectors and rails and put a Holley or equivalent TB on it.

450 HP from 6.0 is a mild cam, 210-220 duration at .050". BTR's Truck Norris will handle that with it's eye's closed. The Comp recommended above will work, a SS2, the Sloppy 'Best' cam as well. There are many cam options.

I should've started by asking how are you planning to run the coils and transmission?

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Ditch the Carb. EFI and the computer controls the 4L80E also.

LS6 Intake, 243/799 Heads, moderately aggressive Cam and a few tricks will get you to 500hp no problem.

Reactions: 3 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I built my LS as a multi purpose engine. Bored stock block .030 over which probably wasn't necessary. However I was adding forged pistons and rods so figured why not add a few cubes. 370 cubic inches with stock crank. Block was decked to straighten her up. 799 heads totally gone thru with cnc job by TEA. BTR cam .610 .587 with 223 and 230 at .050.
Went a little overboard with FAST 102 ported also. BUT I want as much as I can squeeze (11.3 compression) out of this little small block. Conservatively i am hoping for over 530hp and over 500lb/ft. With a long flat trq curve. Hopefully

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Ditch the Carb. EFI and the computer controls the 4L80E also.

LS6 Intake, 243/799 Heads, moderately aggressive Cam and a few tricks will get you to 500hp no problem.

Do we even know if this is a Gen III or Gen IV 6.0L? It could already have the "better" heads on it.

As for the power target? As stated: Lose the carb dreams and stick to EFI. Take all of that money that would have been wasted on junk parts and buy/do:

1. LS9 cam;
2. A good set of beehive valve springs;
3. Centrifugal supercharger for a truck FEAD; and
4. Decapped injectors and a Walbro 450/525.

This will allow you to not need a converter or gears out of the gate to compensate for the lack of power, and avoid being disappointed/chasing supporting mods to run a bigger cam (and the tuning issues). Obviously you are still going to need the exhaust to support either plan.

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
its gen three
Has the big chamber heads
I’ll probably go with lq9 rods n pistons to get that compressionnright

Truck Norris cam sounds good. I don’t wanna add a converter

I like your ideas about the fi too
I will obviously need the in tank pump ect

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor