SDPC prelube video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I've always ran some through the pump before install, get it nice and wet because it will trickle back down to the Oil Pan so priming that side port is doing the same thing. Definitely need it full of oil before install. Do not install dry.

Another thing I've done is before starting I've dumped oil down where you put the Oil Pressure Sensor pretty much until it stops taking it. Oil Filter stops it on the bottom and it literally fills all the galleys on the top of the Engine, which include Cam, Lifters, and up to the Crank Mains. Rods are lubed through the Crank Mains, last thing to get oil in the LS Engine. Been doing that since I've started messing with LS Engines in 2006, every one that I put in a car whether I built with assembly lube or we pulled it from another vehicle or junkyard, fill the top with oil and wet the pump. No issues.

Attached diagram of the oil flow through the LS Engines, you'll see where my method works well if you know the Oil Filter has that one way check seal in it.

LS1 OILING DIAGRAM.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Another thing too, Oil Pump Porting & Polishing and smoothing out the cast flash helps greatly. I smooth mine out and blend the corners, especially on the inlet side. Exit side gets some work too. I don't have pics of the one currently in my Engine but it's a Melling HV with some port & polish work.

Reactions: 1 user

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Another thing too, Oil Pump Porting & Polishing and smoothing out the cast flash helps greatly. I smooth mine out and blend the corners, especially on the inlet side. Exit side gets some work too. I don't have pics of the one currently in my Engine but it's a Melling HV with some port & polish work.
Same one in my LS. Ported and polished and shimmed accurately installed with oil and assembly lube to create more suction. Priming while cranking with plugs out took maybe 20 to 30 seconds to get pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor