sea foam motor treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: Any of youz try any type of product like that? My 86T sits around alot and was wondering if it might help? Any opinions?
IBBY

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Some people swear it works.

I've seen more people complaining it makes their engine leak like a sieve if it doesn't start smoking and burning all manner of fluids leading to a swap or rebuild.

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
I've seen it take out two different series 2 3.8L I don't think I would trust it in the oil. Now in the fuel system think it would be ok

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
I store my car for about 5- 6 months at a time and use it every winter in the gas tank a little smoke on the first start up then no issues I have an all original 350 rocket and it seems no problem

Reactions: 2 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
hello people: Any of youz try any type of product like that? My 86T sits around alot and was wondering if it might help? Any opinions?
IBBY
I used a bottle for the carburetor in my Caprice, idles a little better.

You can use it in the gas tank as well, sometimes it can help.

As for use in the oil, I wouldn't personally. Marvel Mystery Oil would be a better choice imo.

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
I've seen no difference in my cars,lol it's never even made any of my cars smoke anything out the back new or old. Maybe my maintenance of my stuff has kept them from such build up and its non effective

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Great cleaner, which is good for a fuel system, not always good in a crankcase. As far as storage, they claim a 3 year guarantee. I would never add any cleaners/flushes to the oil in any engine that has over 200k.

I bought a gallon to soak carbs in as we don't get the good stuff up here anymore. Seafoam works awesome for that. I use the sh*t of of their 'seafoam spray' as a penetrating oil. It is exactly the same formula that their 'Deep Creep' used to be.

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
I swear by as a fuel system cleaner. I did a vacuum line induction cleaning on my 90 Bronco with a 351 and 120k miles. After half a block I couldn’t see behind me, it was straight up spy hunter smoke screen. It cleaned up by the 3rd block. If your doing tune up work do this before replacing plugs. I also add to gas tanks before winter, car, lawn mower, and snow blower.

Reactions: 1 users

csstrux

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2017
I moved from OK to NV in the dead heat of summer, pulling a heavy azzed trailer in a 2500HD Silverado. Truck got HOT. Really HOT pulling some of the hills between OKC, and Las Vegas. Top end started making some chirping noises not long after the pull. I added a bottle of Rislone to the oil and ran it for about a week prior to dropping the oil, and servising the truck. Engine quieted right down. Did it again on the next service with even better results. Sadly the truck was stolen a few days later, but I have used it in other vehicles with at worst, no noticeable effects.

• Winner

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
IBBY
What is it that you’re trying to “help”? Is there a drivability issue? If you’re worried about storing the vehicle for extended periods then use a good fuel stabilizer like Stabil

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor