seat belt bolt location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Hey Guys. this may seem like a stupid question, but im not 100% sure of the answer so I will ask the experts..

ok, so when I got my Regal, there were no seat belts except inside the lower panel and he cut them. so they had bolts there, that was easy.

i bought a full set of seat belts, then a full set of bolts off ebay.

as you guys probably know, they are all slightly different in size. even the shoulder bolts, one or two seem a little shorter than the others

does anyone know which specific size bolts go in specific locations or am I overthinking this and it doesnt matter?

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
The bolts with the shoulders are used on the upper B pillar and on the inside of each seat on what I call the front inner belts....both locations have to have a little movement. I can't recall if they are the same length in both locations or not. The others should be fairly close in lengths...I've probably got a couple or three sets of bolts and if I can find some time maybe I'll try and lay them out and take some pics......just have a fair bit going on right now.

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
The bolts with the shoulders are used on the upper B pillar and on the inside of each seat on what I call the front inner belts....both locations have to have a little movement. I can't recall if they are the same length in both locations or not. The others should be fairly close in lengths...I've probably got a couple or three sets of bolts and if I can find some time maybe I'll try and lay them out and take some pics......just have a fair bit going on right now.

thank you. appreciate the help

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
I've done a search and its either M12 1.75 or possibly M12 1.25 pitch - anybody care to weigh in on which is actually correct?

yourownself

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2008
stoughton, ma
My moneys on them being standard thread, rather then metric, but I’ll find out for sure when I put them to a thread gauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
Just did a measure up myself.....for future reference, G-body seat belt anchors are M12 1.75 pitch - which, for all intents and purpose is oddball in the OEM world. I went for a wander through a local salvage yard and almost everything (in metric) now runs M12 1.25 thread on the bolts for seat belts....

yourownself

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2008
stoughton, ma
I do remember them being a VERY course thread bolt. I also totally forgot to measure the thread. Thanks for remembering for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Generally they are torx bolts to prevent tampering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor