SEAT BELT BOLTS-WHICH ONES????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Alright guys, evidently I didn't take any pics of what sets belt bolts go where so I need help. I know the front belts require 4 bolts each side, and I know the front outer bolt keeps the belt fixed. However, the others if I recall use the bolt with a shoulder to allow movement. Here is what I pulled from a Cutlass in the junkyard one day, any help is appreciated! Oh, rear seats are all fixed mount right???
20190905_225320.jpg

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Dang, I could have told you months ago but now everything is covered.
I think the ones with the spacers go on the top of the pillar for the shoulder harness.
The other 4 with the shoulders probably go on the floor where the belts have to swivel. Maybe ??

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Bullett801

Apprentice
Sep 2, 2019
If I remember correctly, the longer bolts with the sleeves are either for the shoulder like your thinking of movement, or maybe the rear for more than one belt latch, like in the middle of the seat where there are two latches side by side?? Its been a year or so since I took mine out, and I replaced with harness seat belt.... Id just plug and play and you'll eventually figure it out!! Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I'll take a crack at it...from what I remember...

You'll need a short one (no shoulder) to mount the retractor in the well behind the lower rear quarter trim as well as the outboard mount at floor/rocker area. Short shouldered bolt goes on the upper B pillar (needs to swivel) the longer shouldered bolt goes in the inner belt to trans tunnel (needs to swivel).

Yes the rears are fixed..a shorter (no shoulder) under the retractor belts and the spacer with slightly longer (no shoulder) bolt goes under the inner belts.

There should be twelve to mount a complete seat belt set.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
the long ones on the right are missing the cup that allows the top B-pillar mounting point to swivel.....

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I forgot to come back and update this thread. I ended up tossing all of the torx head bolts and replaced with new metric hardware. The only exception is the bolts that hold the seatbelt swivel mount to the upper B pillar. Those bolts have the shoulder on them so they had to get used. I've installed the rear center belts, and put some RTV on the threads to make sure they seal up and no water can get in.
For the record, the rear center seatbelt bolts measure M12-1.75×30mm, the rear outer measure M12-1.75×35mm. The front inner (trans hump) measured M12-1.75×40-45mm. The front outer are 30mm long as are the main belt mount behind the sail panel trim.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor