Seat belt light

Status
Not open for further replies.

New2this

n00b
Feb 7, 2023
Please help, seat belt light does not come on at all, I know the bulb it good, what can it possibly be, pictures would help thanks.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Wiring on the seat belt buckle and trace it.
Also known as one of the most useless inventions in automobiles.

If you can't tell if you're wearing your seatbelt without a light coming on, you deserve a drawinistic fate.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Also known as one of the most useless inventions in automobiles.

If you can't tell if you're wearing your seatbelt without a light coming on, you deserve a drawinistic fate.
Eh, I dunno. Not sure I'd be that drastic. If you're like some people, they just want everything to work like it's supposed to, regardless of how useful it is.

Reactions: 2 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Wiring with light and buzzer alarm is from the manufactur to CYA them because society doesn't let Darwin take it's course. Always someone else's fault..

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Eh, I dunno. Not sure I'd be that drastic. If you're like some people, they just want everything to work like it's supposed to, regardless of how useful it is.
Oh, that's not where I was going with the thought. It's more of a uselessness that the factory put it there to begin with.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Check your dinger box, I had to change mine out when it randomly wouldn't shut the seat belt light off. Original replacements are going to be hard to find, but almost any GM buzzer up to the late 90's will works as long as it has the same number of pins. The dinger may just sound different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor